Thursday, January 17, 2008

Jedi Mind Trick

Ok, yes, wrong color and the ears aren't quite right, but here is Zoey looking a smidgeon like Yoda. It was either this or dredge up Star Wars images on Google and I just couldn't deal with the force this early in the morning.
More? More? With the exception of No this is Zoey's current favorite word. Most mornings we all pile into my car and I take Bryan to the ferry on the way to dropping off Zoey at daycare and then going to work myself. On the way we stop at Starbucks. Kinda' makes us sound like an asshole Yuppie family, but whatever. Maybe we are. Because yes, I do drive an SUV and have been known to shop at Banana Republic from time to time.
Bryan usually runs in to Starbucks and gets me my chai and pumpkin loaf which is really just a slice of cake for breakfast masquerading as bread. Zoey is fed an organic breakfast at daycare, eggs and fruit, but it never fails that she recognizes that brown and green paper Starbucks bag of baked goods and leans forward in her car seat, arms outstretched, demanding More? More? It's a Jedi Mind Trick of sorts because it implies that I have already given her some. What's the matter then with more?
I fall for it every morning and I think I'm going to have to start using this tactic myself. For instance when I go in for my Annual Review at work I think I'll just kick-start the meeting with More? More? I invite you to try this Jedi Mind Trick yourself. Please let me know how it works for you.

No comments: